Docker Desktop Enterprise is a new commercial desktop offering that is the easiest, fastest and most secure way to deliver production-ready containerized applications. Developers can work with frameworks and languages of choice while IT can securely configure, deploy and manage developer environments that align to corporate standards and practices. Together, organizations can rapidly deliver containerized applications from development to production.
Key New Features for Developers
- Configurable version packs instantly replicate production environment configurations on the local desktop
- App Designer UI allows for template-based workflows for creating containerized applications - no Docker CLI commands are required to get started
- Leverage company-provided application templates to accelerate productivity and innovate faster
Key New Features for IT:
- Packaged as standard MSI (Win) and PKG (Mac) distribution files that work with existing endpoint management tools
- Lockable settings via policy files
- Present developers with customized and approved application templates, ready for coding
Docker Desktop Enterprise is available for preview in January with General Availability coming later in 1H 2019.